The ASNA Leadership Academy is designed for nurses by nurses to help participants develop excellent leadership skills through action-oriented projects related to their specific interests. Each individual is guided through the one-year program by experienced nurse mentors and supported by peers in the group. Mentors will help you create a project that can be implemented in the workplace or the community.
Past projects have significantly improved efficiencies in the workplace, patient care, workplace environments, and instituted creative new wellness initiatives. The three class days include leadership development presentations to the Cohort with mentor-time related to individual projects. For busy nurses who want to grow…this is the way to go!
Examples of projects include:
- In Situ Mock Codes: Building Confidence & Improving Response
- The Art of Nursing: Artwork as a Mode of Social Persuasion to Effect Infant Feeding Choices
- Clinical Evidence Rubric for Concept-Based Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum
- Establishing the Alabama Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists: Empowering & Facilitating a Professional Voice
- Growing Leaders: Fostering Student Resilience in Undergraduate Nursing Education
- Improving Access to Healthcare for Veterans Living in Rural Areas
- The Cost of Incivility
- Screening for Functional Decline in the Older Hospitalized Patient
- Get H.I.P.-A Trident Approach to Increase human Immunodeficiency virus Screening in Primary Care
- Transitioning from a Metropolitan Trauma Center to a Rural Hospital
Registration for 2018's Leadership Academy is now closed. Please check back February 2019 for information on next year's classes.