Position Title: Multiple PRN positions available to provide Coronavirus testing.
Location: Multiple cities in Alabama.
We are looking for people that have a heart for helping others and are willing to meet the challenge that is facing our community with grit, pride, and resilience.
American Medical Screening, Inc. (AMSI) is looking for nurses to perform Coronavirus testing. Tests will be performed with both Nasopharyngeal (NP) and Oropharyngeal (OR) swabs. Proper PPE provided.
Nurses may be required to evaluate a patient’s health status, estimate the level of health risk and inform/provide some form of feedback to patients to motivate behavior change to reduce health risks. These assessments will be done for COVID-19 and may occur both in-person and telephonically. Nurses may provide healthcare services to patients under the direction of a physician. Nurses must be academically and clinically trained to perform many of the routine but time-consuming tasks that physicians usually do and are accountable for their own actions and accountable to their supervisors and supervising physicians.
- Examines patient, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow-up procedures.
- Perform intake and demographic history
- Administer and order diagnostic tests such as PCR and Serology and interpret test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as immunizations and injections (Flu Shots).
- Exercises professional judgment regarding consultation with supervising physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Develop and implement patient care plans, instruct and counsel patients.
- Provide general health education relating to Coronavirus.
- Assists physician, where necessary, with emergency treatments and more complex procedures.
- Demonstrated competency dealing with all age groups.
Education, Training and Experience Required
- Current Nursing License
- Minimum of one year of relevant and/or specialty experience preferred
- Current HIPPA Certification
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language (Bilingual +)
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be prepared for frequent exposure to bloodborne pathogens, chemicals, and patients body fluids
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional conduct and accountability
- Proven time-management skills
- Ability to problem solve and work with others under pressure
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and develop partnerships
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Ability to contribute and coordinate work within a team
How To Apply:
Complete the form below to send your resume to the ASNA Career Coach for FREE priority placement assistance.