Position Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Sheffield, AL
Shift: 7a-7p and 7p-7a, Full Time and PRN available
Required Degree: Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
Required Years of Experience: 1-2
Other Certifications: Current Alabama licensure, BLS or capability to certify within 90 days of hire
Why Helen Keller Hospital?
Amazing growth has taken place since the simple days of 1921. This 185 bed facility, named after Helen Keller, the first lady of courage, has proven to be dedicated and strong, a standing reminder of what a community can do when it comes together for a common goal. We have fulfilled this obligation through continued growth, expansion of services and facilities, and by offering leading edge equipment. With a medical staff of more than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees, it is one of the largest employers in the county.
In 2014, we became a part of the Huntsville Hospital Health System. This relationship is extremely beneficial and rewarding for our patients, employees and physicians. Their commitment to a not-for-profit philosophy and their dedication to quality patient care continue the mission of Helen Keller Hospital.
The RN identifies patient needs and priorities for care though assessment. The RN plans and delegates care based on patient needs. The RN evaluates the patient’s response to care and the attainment of or progress toward expected outcomes. The RN is accountable for outcomes of patient care delivered during the assigned shift.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Ability to perform a complete assessment on all patients and reassessment based on unit scope of care. Takes appropriate action based on assessment findings.
- Develop and implement interdisciplinary plan of care based on identified needs involving patient/family and evaluate/revise as needed.
- Develop and implement interdisciplinary teaching plan based on identified needs involving patient/family and evaluate/revise as needed.
- Utilize critical thinking in performing technical and manual skills to meet patient care needs.
- Acknowledge physicians on the unit; providing patient information, accompanying on rounds and assisting as needed.
- Appropriate delegation, coordination and supervision of others in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and utilization of critical thinking skills in the administration of medications.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Assumes accountability for appropriate utilization of resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the RN scope of practice.
Use the form below to send your resume to the ASNA Career Coach for free PRIORITY placement assistance.